Looking to boost the curb appeal of your rental property? The exterior of the house matters just as much as the interior, so it’s important to make sure that it looks good. Here are 5 ways to add curb appeal to your rental property.
- Paint the Exterior: If you have an old, outdated color on the exterior of your property, it could be deterring potential tenants from visiting. Repaint your property with a fresh, modern color or make sure to take care of old chipped paint spots.
- Keep it Clean: First impressions are important in drawing in prospective tenants. Make sure your property is always clean and well-maintained. This includes the walls, doors, roof, and garage. If your rental property is dirty, it will look older than it actually is, and tenants will be less likely to be interested in the property.
- Replace Old Window Shutters: This is a good way to update the look for your property. Consider changing the window shutters if they are outdated or in poor condition. Make sure they are in a color that matches the rest of the property exterior to avoid clashing.
- Don’t Forget the Details: Replace the mailbox, add new house numbers, put in a new screen door, or paint the front door a bright new color. Some of these things might not be noticed immediately, but updating them is a great way to prevent them from detracting from the curb appeal for your rental property.
- Landscaping: If the bushes and shrubs in front of your property are overgrown, they can dissuade prospective tenants from visiting. Make sure the yard and plants are in good shape so you can avoid an unsightly exterior for your property. Planting something is inexpensive and can elevate the curb appeal. Whether it’s hedges, trees, or flowers, make sure the exterior is decorated well to attract interested tenants.
See What Makes All County Great
All County Denver Metro Property Management is the best choice for all your rental property needs. We handle everything from maintenance and inspections, to advertising and tenant screening, and to preparing the lease and collecting rent. Our team of property management professionals provide the best in quality management and client service. Explore our website to see how we can make your experience as a property owner less time consuming and more enjoyable.