When you have new tenants moving into your rental property, it’s a great idea to welcome them with an informative and thoughtful welcome packet. By giving them a warm welcome, you start your relationship off on the right foot and show them that you want them to feel at home. Great landlords deserve great tenants, and the same is true vice versa!
5 Things to Include in a Welcome Packet at Your Rental Property
- A Map: Especially if your tenants are moving from out of the area, include a map of the local area. To be extra helpful, you can also highlight or circle notable places in the area, like grocery stores, restaurants, gyms and hospitals.
- Contact Information: While every tenant residency at your rental property should ideally go smoothly, that isn’t always the case. Make sure that you give your tenant all vital contact information in the welcome packet. This should include local emergency services, who to call when emergency maintenance or regular maintenance is needed, your property management company and other notable contacts. This lessens stress in the event of an emergency and shows your tenants you care.
- Paper Copies of Essential Paperwork: If you have not already done so, you should include paper copies of important documents like the signed lease, rental payment procedures, maintenance request and repair procedures, restrictions, move-in inspection papers and any other relevant information.
- Codes: Are there any gate, alarm, pool or gym codes that your tenants need to know for your rental property? Even if you provided them in an email or another place, it’s a good idea to put a copy of them in your welcome packet as well. Make sure that you include all of the possible codes they will need to take advantage of all amenities.
- A Thoughtful Note: Finally, it is always a nice idea to include a thoughtful note welcoming your new tenant to your rental property.
All County Denver Metro Property Management Is the Right Property Management Company for Your Rental Property
All County Denver Metro Property Management offers all property owners competent and honest property management services. From rental market evaluation to tenant placement, we can assist with all of your needs. Our team of real estate professionals looks forward to hearing from you about how we can make your investment a stress-free asset and keep your tenants happy. Call us at (720) 575-6100 for a free quote.