When you are preparing to hire a property management company, it can be hard to make the right choice. At All County Property Management, it’s our goal to simplify your life as a landlord as much as we can. In this blog, we’ve compiled some of the questions you should ask as you prepare to decide which property management company you want to handle your rental properties.
16 Questions to Ask a Property Management Company Before You Hire Them
- What services do you offer? Some property management companies handle marketing, leasing and managing, while others only specialize in one or two things.
- How long have you been managing properties? What size properties do you have experience managing? Some companies specialize in larger properties and others work with smaller properties.
- Can you offer advice on different aspects of being a landlord, like setting the right rent price?
- What steps do you take to ensure that all Fair Housing laws are followed when renting out my properties?
- What fees does your property management company charge?
- How do you market properties when there are vacancies available?
- Do you require tenants to obtain renter’s insurance? What types of screening questions do you ask during the application process?
- How do you inspect properties in between tenants or during tenant occupancy?
- What income requirements do you have for tenants?
- Can you select tenants on behalf of landlords, or do landlords have the final say in which tenants are accepted?
- How often do landlords get updates on their properties?
- What point or points of contact do landlords have to ensure that any questions or concerns are resolved in a timely fashion?
- What percentage of the security deposit is normally refunded? What is the average eviction rate across properties?
- Who is responsible for yard maintenance?
- How are maintenance requests from tenants handled?
- Are there move-in and move-out checklists offered?
Choose an Experienced Property Management Company like All County Property Management
All County Denver Metro Property Management offers all property owners competent and honest property management services. From rental market evaluation to tenant placement, we can assist with all of your needs. Our team of real estate professionals looks forward to hearing from you about how we can make your investment a stress-free asset and keep your tenants happy. Call us at (720) 575-6100 for a free quote.