While tenants should not necessarily judge a book by its cover, the marketability and appeal of your property can be directly affected by the curb appeal of your rental property. Putting a little bit of effort into the exterior can increase interest and, in turn, increase the value of your property. What are some of the best ways that you can increase the curb appeal of your rental property in Commerce City or North Denver?
Easy Ways to Boost the Curb Appeal of Your Rental Property
- Invest in Landscaping: You should always ensure that your lawn is mowed and all hedges are trimmed back. Perennial flowers are affordable and they add a beautiful pop of color to make the property look even nicer. If you want to temporarily boost the curb appeal of your rental property, you can add potted plants near the entryway.
- Paint the Door: A door that is painted a bold or bright color makes a wonderful first impression and makes the property easy to spot from the street. One study by Zillow found that houses with front doors in certain shades, including dark shades like black, are more appealing than homes with light-colored front doors.
- Light Up the Walkway: Is there a central path or sidewalk leading up to your rental property? Illuminate it with overhead lighting or with affordable landscape lighting. Solar-powered landscape lights don’t require battery changes, but they do boost the safety and the curb appeal of your rental property.
- Add New Hardware: Do the doorknobs on the home or apartment look weathered? Does the garage door have worn hardware and scuff marks? Taking a little bit of time to clean the hardware or install entirely new hardware can make a big difference in the overall appearance.
- Upgrade the Numbers: Particularly if you want to appeal to families and younger tenants who get more deliveries, upgrading the exterior numbers so that they are bold and easy to view from the street goes a long way to increase the curb appeal of your rental property.
Boost the Curb Appeal of Your Rental Property with All County Denver Metro Property Management
All County Denver Metro Property Management offers all property owners in Golden, Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Commerce City, Thornton, Westminster, North Denver and Brighton competent and honest property management services. From rental market evaluation to tenant placement, we can assist with all of your needs. Our team of real estate professionals looks forward to hearing from you about how we can make your investment a stress-free asset and keep your tenants happy. Call us at (720) 575-6100 for a free quote.